once in my past, i had smoked PCP, taken two ecstasy pills and zoned out in my studio. i lounged in my arm chair and drifted away. in my drug induced stupor, i found myself smack dab in between life and death. i saw all that was and some of what was to be. 10 percent of myself was frightened, but the other 90 percent was at ease; i was suddenly a stranger to fear.